Monday, March 5, 2012

Dream on...

Happy Monday! I'm here to share an abstract card today. I haven't used my pretty Copics in some time now, so it was a lot of fun drawing with them.


Materials Used: Kaisercraft Tiny Woods Sycamore (front & back); Other: Copics

I was inspired by the Kaisercraft Tiny Woods Sycamore pattern paper. It looked like waves or hills weaved into a pattern, but I focused on its shape and how if taken a part, it could very well look like a mermaid's tail. To give the illusion of a full mermaid's tail, I drew hearts in the shape and shading of scales. But are they hearts or are they scales? I decided to get a little artsy and try a little impressionism in the card. One of my favorite techniques with pattern papers is deconstructing the pattern and shape it into something else. Give it a try!

Hope you like what you see here and don't forget to visit the Kaisercraft blog for more inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by!
- KRAFTY pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment