Anyone who has the Silhouette Cameo probably LOVES it just for this kind of application. I wanted my own handwriting to be captured in our December Daily, and the Silhouette Cameo is perfect for this.
Materials used: See this blog post for details.
Here's a quick how-to:
- Write your word in script using a tablet and pen in Photoshop and save it as JPG file. Or write your word using a black Sharpie marker on a white piece of cardstock and scan the word into a JPG file.
- Then open the file in your Silhouette Studio software.
- Trace the area where the word is. (Menu > Object > Trace > Select Trace Area and create a box around the area you want to trace)
- Play with the filters on the right side until you have a nice trace line around the word.
- Simple remove the JPG from the background and you'll have a nicely traced word you can cut with the Silhouette Cameo.
I love this technique when you're looking for a nice handwritten title for scrapbook pages or even sentiments on cards.
Thanks for stopping by!
- KRAFTY pearl