Friday, April 19, 2013

Mama Elephant Highlight: Flashy Letters

TGIF! Welcome to the last day of the Mama Elephant design team highlights of the April release. The great minds at ME have, perhaps, saved the very best for last. (Ok, not really because all of the sets are majorly awesome, but this set I'm about to show you one of my favorites and must-haves!)

I created a clean and simple card for m'dear husband. Not to get all sappy, but he is my sunshine and so inspired by golden hues, I stamped a very simple sentiment ombre style. I continued a bit of the ombre design in the stamped hearts as well as punched watercolored hearts just to add a bit of dimension.


Materials used: Mama Elephant Flashy Letters and Central Park (heart); Memento InksColorBox Cat's Eye Queue Inks, heart punch

Here's a closer look at the ombre stamp job:

Now, get on over to the Mama Elephant blog and see what the rest of the design team created with this amazingly versatile set that literally lets you spell and number anything! A must-have for scrapbookers and card makers alike!



Thanks for stopping by!
- KRAFTY pearl

6 comments:

  1. SOOOOOO beautiful! I LOVE that you said you didn't want to get sappy-- LOVE that you created this for your husband:) FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Beautiful* card Pearl! I *love* the gentle graduation of the colours in your stamped letters and love how you echoed both the sentiment and the colours in those watercoloured hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card!! And the story of your inspiration is just heartwarming!!! The ombré is gorgeous and the watercolored hearts are just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! I'm not a big alpha stamp person, but this one is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the ombre letters!!! Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I love the hearts & multicoloured letter stamping :)

    ReplyDelete