Friday, November 11, 2011

"Leaf" It Up to SEI...

TGIF! I was out of the country for a friend's wedding for a few days last week, so it's been a bit quiet here. But I've got lots to share in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!

I love SEI... why? "Leaf" (har har) it up to SEI to manufacture sturdy and crisp pattern papers, cardstocks, and die-cuts, they're awesome! Here are two simple anytime cards made primarily with the SEI Homestead Collection.

First, I made a simple card using the fall foliage die-cut leaves. I absolutely love the clean yet crinkly shapes of the leaves, so to play off of them, I created a homespun design using strips of scrap paper to create a banner. To echo the banner shape and organic feel of the card, I also created a simple banner with the handwritten sentiment of "thankful for you". This is a super easy, fun, and great way to use up scraps!


Materials Used:
SEI Homestead Collection pattern papers, die-cut leaves, Silver Valley button; Other: doilies, Janome Sew Mini Sewing Machine, Mark-It Permanent Markers

Then, I made a red envelope as a gift to one of my friend's newborn's 100th day celebration. In the Chinese culture, whenever there is a new born celebration, a red envelop is always in order. They're most popular during the Chinese New Year celebration when married adults hand them out to children of family and friends.

pearllui-sei-nov-homestead-redenvelope-600

Here I used a single strip of 4"x 11.5" pattern paper. The Homestead Cedar Chest is perfect with its naturally red and gold tones. I scored the paper every 3 inches, with the last rectangle's width to be only 2.5". I snipped a little from the top of that last rectangle and sewed it down. I decorated it a little more using scraps of coordinating pattern papers, closed it up, put it in a clear envelope, and just like that, a homemade red envelope.


Materials Used: SEI Homestead Collection pattern papers, die-cut leaves, Silver Valley button; Other: doilies, Janome Sew Mini Sewing Machine, Mark-It Permanent Markers, Making Memories Slice die-cutting machine

Hope you like what you see here and don't forget to visit the SEI blog to check out what the rest of the design team created!

Thanks for stopping by!
- KRAFTY pearl

1 comment:

  1. har har har, you are sooo punny~!

    lol!

    hey, where's the update with the new awesome news?? ;)

    ReplyDelete