Saturday, August 13, 2011

Love To Travel

Happy Saturday! There are only a few more weekends of summer and I plan to savor each one... So I'm just hopping on quickly to share Kaisercraft's August Saturday Sketch #2 using the recently released, Hunt & Gather collection.


And here's my interpretation of it, tilted 90 degrees counter-clockwise to better incorporate the technique and layout I had in mind.


  • To create the frame around the photo, journaling label and corrugated tag cluster, I used a craft knife to cut around the pattern of the paper.
  • I used the wood grain banner sticker that came with the Hunt & Gather sticker sheet – I love it!
  • I added some rhinestones and hearts randomly on the pennants to enhance the wood grain pattern.
  • To give the leafy vine sticker a slightly more turquoise tone and dewy look, I lightly brushed on spearmint acrylic paint around the edges of the leaves and added some clusters of rhinestones to it.

Materials Used:
Kaisercraft Hunt & Gather Listen (P705), Sticker Sheet (SS107), Corrugated Cardboard Tags (EM963), Paper Pad (PP848); Rhinestone (RS402); Kaisercraft KaiserColour Acrylic Paint in Spearmint (KC044); Other: Fiskars fingertip craft knife

Hope you like my interpretation and don't forget to stop by the Kaisercraft blog to see the August Saturday Sketch #1 and more inspiration from the design team!

Thanks for stopping by!
- KRAFTY pearl

2 comments: