Wednesday, June 8, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #5: Card Sketch

It's another CAS-ual Friday Wednesday today! This week's challenge is to use the below sketch and make a card.

cas-ualfridays-cfc5

I've participated in a couple of CFC's but I usually interpret the challenge in form of a layout. So I'm excited to share a card with you this time! The sketch was very close to a design I had in mind so it worked out! I made this card to accompany my "Will You Fly Me Away" mini album as a total package gift for my very special someone. I'll stop the sappiness here and just share the card. :)

pearllui-happyanniversary2011cardnd-full-400blog

Here's a closer look at one of my favorite parts of this card is the beautiful Kaisercraft Chapter One pattern paper used to make the hot air baloon and the Crate Paper Neighborhood pattern paper used to embellish it.

pearllui-happyanniversary2011card-detail-400blog

Used: Kaisercraft pattern paper; Crate Paper pattern paper and cardstock sticker label; EK Success border punch; Me & My Big Ideas; DMC embroidery floss; Michael's heart button

Hope you likes! :)

Now last but certainly not the least, a great big surprise to see my layout featured in yesterday's Two Peas In A Bucket weekly newsletter! A very big thank you to Two Peas! Woohoo!

junetwopeasinabucketnewsletter

Thanks for stopping by!
- KRAFTY pearl

7 comments:

  1. Gosh, can you BE any more talented? Hee hee. Happy anniversary to you and HEMANNNNNNNNN! Love you both! You a little more though! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a SWEET card! The little red heart is super lovely in this! So glad that you join the fun at CAS-ual Fridays! Congrats on being featured at Tow Peas! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a genius design! Love your take on the sketch and glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!
    great take on my sketch!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute and clever! Love that you created a hot air balloon to suit the sketch! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word this is darling! Sucha a clever take on the sketch and I love how you used a button for the basket! Happy you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful design, love the balloon shaped and the sweet button!

    ReplyDelete