Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Getting Organized!


It's Wedding Wednesday! As my first official post since the announcement, I thought I'd start from the very beginning... When I first got engaged, I had no idea what we were about to plan. First, we really tried to give ourselves time to absorb and just be an engaged couple.

Revisit this project here.

We both mentioned in passing conversations that it'd be nice to have an autumn wedding. A couple of weeks passed by and suddenly, it dawned on us that we only had 9 months to plan a wedding. While that sounds like a lot of time, I felt overwhelmed by all of the different wedding checklists and timelines we had signed up for, which often made me feel I was really behind. The checklists are comprehensive and extremely helpful in identifying every possible detail.
However, not everything applied to me, so I created my own list based on a combination of these lists and went about it at my pace. I knew it'd be too hard to keep absolutely everything online or a spreadsheet because I'm not always connected.

I received an extremely sweet gift from my Matron of Honor to help me start my journey. She even picked one with the colors I had mentioned would be shades of my wedding colors.


Organization that worked for me: I used this notebook to jot most of my projects, plans, and notes down. But I wasn't always so organized, so I also carried around a smaller more flexible notebook made of several sheets of plain white 8 1/2 x 11 paper folded in half. As time went on, the method that worked best for me was to put small quick tasks such as "buy something at the local craft store" on my sheets of paper, while more permanent notes such as those from conversations with vendors or vision brainstorms went into the notebook.

So if you're like me and you like to write things down, I recommend finding yourself a notebook that makes you smile... because you'll be carrying it everyday leading up to your wedding!

Thanks for stopping by!
- KRAFTY pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment