Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December already?

I can't believe we're already 6 days into December! I've got a fun ornament tutorial to share today and it's coming just in time for tree decorating!

pearllui-hambly-dec-ornament-photo1

I really love the perception of depth and layers. That's one of the many reasons I'm so thrilled to be on the Hambly design team because I love all of the overlays and how they can easily transform any project and provide a clear yet layered look. I made some ornaments using that same design element that you can only get by using Hambly overlays.

You'll need:


pearllui-hambly-dec-ornament-photo2

Directions:
1. Cut circles from the overlay using a circle die and die-cut machine
2. Remove the top of the glass ornament, slip the circle overlay into the ornament by rolling it up. Use a pair of long thin needle nose pliers to straighten the overlay if necessary.

pearllui-hambly-dec-ornament-photo3

3. Sprinkle some sequins in and close the ornament top. Voila! Make a few more and you've got yourself all the ornaments you'll need for this holiday season!

pearllui-hambly-dec-ornament-photo4

Hope you enjoyed today's tutorial and my first project as an official Hambly design team member. Don't forget to check out the Hambly blog for more inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by!
- KRAFTY pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment