Thursday, October 6, 2011

"Heart-Air" Balloon Card

I love me my hearts and hot-air balloons... why not fuse the two together and make something cute! I also love dimension... but dimensional cards are hard to get through the mail without them getting crushed. So today, I’m here to share with you one of my favorite ways to create a dimensional card but still have no issues mailing it.


pearllui-kaisercraft-sillyseason-thankscard-600

Here’s what you’ll need: shape punches, scoring tool, embroidery floss

pearllui-kaisercraft-sept-creativecards-tools-600

My favorite part is that you can flatten the card to mail it without bulk:

pearllui-kaisercraft-sillyseason-thankscardflat-600

And then your recipient can very easily fold the heart balloon right back up:

pearllui-kaisercraft-sillyseason-thankscardtop-600

Here's a quick tutorial:

  1. 1. Punch a few shapes (3-5) of the same size and score down the middle of each
  2. 2. Attach shapes to base cardstock with embroidery floss or a strong sewing machine down the scored middle
  3. 3. Fold the shapes up create dimension

It’s so easy and fun to make, so I hope you’ll try these kinds of cards too. You can use circle shapes to make circle ornaments or bubbles of all sizes. You can use square or diamond shapes to make dimensional kites. The possibilities are endless!

Materials Used: Silly Season Milk & Cookies (P728), Gingerbread (P729), Friends Rub-on (RB891); Other: Embroidery floss, Bazzill cardstock, EK Success and Martha Stewart punches

Thanks for stopping by!
- KRAFTY pearl

2 comments: