One of my favorite ways to decorate for Halloween is to cluster candles to set that spooky mood. The best part is that you get to make any design you want on the candles.
- ivory or white candles
- ivory or white tissue paper
- wax paper
- stamps and ink
- heat gun
- gloves to protect from heat/hot wax
- scrap paper or craft mat
- Stamp image onto tissue paper like so:
- Layer on stamped tissue paper over candle
- Layer wax paper over the tissue paper sandwiching the tissue paper between the candle and wax paper
- Slowly heat the wax paper over the stamped image with a heat gun
- Lastly, peel the wax paper off and the stamped tissue paper will magically be melted onto the candle
Tip 2: If you're sensitive to heat, put on protective gloves to keep the heat or hot wax from dripping on your fingers as you handle the candles
Tip 3: Make sure you protect your work surface with either scrap paper or a craft mat to collect any wax drips
Materials: Kaisercraft 13th Hour Clear Stamp; Other: candles, tissue paper, wax paper, Memento ink in Tuxedo Black, heat gun
This really is a simple and classic way to dress up candles for a spooky Halloween look, so it's not too late to give it a try!
Thanks for stopping by!
- KRAFTY pearl